Technology can be troublesome. Here are some tutorials or instructions for the technology we will be using in class.
Adobe Spark is a versatile web program (and ios app) that can help you make a website, graphics, and videos. Though the options are limited, the result is a clean, professional looking composition that could be shared via a URL.
Spark Post: Make a graphic based on a set template (YouTube thumbnail, Facebook cover image, etc.) or in a freeform, customizable art board.
Spark Video: Make a video based on sequences outlined by a template or design your own. You can make edits, record voiceover, and add text in a very intuitive way.
Spark Page: Make a single-page webpage with images, videos, and text. No design experience needed!
How to create and share your Journey Log (Spark Tutorial): HERE
Information about Adobe and Clemson's partnership can be found here: Click Me!
1. Go to bit.ly/ccdadownload
You will be using GoogleDrive throughout the semester. Most of your work will be turned in--in some form--to GoogleDrive. You should have a class folder under "Shared with Me." Make sure you "add it to my Drive" for easy access.
There will be a GoogleSheet called "Quest Board" where most of your compositions will be linked for assessment.
How to Upload and Share your Google Doc: HERE
To download the software: CLICK HERE
Note: The instructions are for Macs. However, if you have a PC, you will still follow the same steps, but you will double-click the file to install instead of dragging it to the applications folder.
To import/export worlds in Minecraft: Education Edition: CLICK HERE
To download the game, go to Education.Minecraft.Edu > Get Started and then scroll down to "Download a Free Trial." The top button becomes a download link (Windows 10 will show if you are a PC user)
Click HERE for the Minecraft world we will be using.
This video goes through the building of Winterfell from Game of Thrones. He explains the process of building, the planning, and execution. Great video for inspiration. HERE
Notes on Minecraft for design:
- /wb - Turns worldbuilder on so you can use the Education Edition features (NPCs and other blocks)
- /op - Turns on operator status so you can use codes and mods.
Uploading to Youtube
Note: Rendering can take a LONG time; it all depends on the computer. Give yourself several hours to render and upload your video.
- Log into your YouTube account (can't use your Clemson email).
- Click on the "upload" button at the top right of the screen after logging in.
- Drag your file onto the "upload" screen. It should change to the screen on the left.
- Change the name, add a description, add tags (if public), and change viewing to either Public (searchable) or Unlisted (non-searchable).
- Click on "Publish" once finished.
- After the shareable links are shown, click on "Embed" and copy that link.
- Class demonstration of Premiere Pro Basics: HERE
- Professional Introduction to Premiere Pro Basics: HERE
- Adding Text: HERE
- Zach King on Camera Angles: HERE
- Making Epic Trailers: HERE
- How to Evoke Emotion (Game of Thrones Example): HERE
- Making a Compelling Video Essay: HERE
This list is compiled to be a list of resources for open source materials. This is an ever changing list that will continuously be updated to include creative commons, open source, and fair use media and resources. This list will also include resources for Adobe products and other programs that can be used in the classroom. If you would like to suggest an addition, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Information on Media
- Clemson Library Guide on Copyright
- Clemson Library Guide on Fair Use
- Clemson Library Guide to Multimodal Projects
- What is Creative Commons? (Video)
- Bound by Law (Graphic Novel on Public Domain and Fair Use)
- NASA Video
- Pexels Video
- Stock Footage Archive
- Youtube (choose “Creative Commons” under features)
Video Capture Tools
- Camtasia (free through Clemson/Best)
- Clip Converter
- OBS Studio (open source)
- Quicktime (very large files)
- Bucketlistly (travel shots)
- ISO Republic
- New Old Stock (Vintage)
- Pexels Images
- Public Domain Archive
- Women of Color in Tech
- AudioLibrary (Music for Content Creators)
- Vlog No Copyright Music
- Amper Music Composer (makes a unique song for you)
- Free Music Archive
- Incompetech (great source)
- Free Soundtrack Music
- Free Play Music
- Archive.org (Audio)
- DesignCuts (Mostly vectors and textures for Illustrator and Photoshop [free and paid versions])
- PremiumBeats (All things video editing and effects)
- RocketStock (for AfterEffects [free and paid versions])
- Canva (posters)
- MakeBeliefsComix (Make comic strips)
- Minecraft: Education Edition (free trial/$5 a year)
- Plasq (make comics [free and pay models]
- Pomodoro Timer (Writing/Presentation timers)
- Scratch (make simple games through programing)
- Slack (team site)
- Storyboarder (make storyboards)
- Teams (Microsoft teams software)
- TimeLine (make timelines)
- Trello (team site)
- Twine (text-adventure software)
- VirusTotal (virus scanner)